Given the scale of the Ransomware market ($209 million paid in 2016) and the scale of its operations (50% of organizations have responded to a Ransomware campaign) and increased used of technology (exploits used to propagate), it is just a matter of time, before a security team is tasked with dealing with a Ransomware incident.
When that happens, it is very important that very clean workflows (aka playbooks) exist, so that the team’s response is consistent, focused and repeatable.
- Create Ransomware Playbook
- Security teams
- OWASP Anti-Ransomware Guide Project
- NHS cyber-attack: GPs and hospitals hit by ransomware (BBC news)
- Ransomware is Here: Fundamentals Everyone Needs to Know (presentation)
- What the Kidnapping & Ransom Economy Teaches Us About Ransomware (presentation)
- Existing Ransomwere playbooks
Back to list of all Working Sessions and Tracks
Edit this page here