Owasp Chapter Treasury
This Working Session will focus on financial tasks, accountability, and transparency in OWASP. Local OWASP chapters deal with a lot of money, and chapters must justify outcomes and chapter fund balances in a legal, fiscal, and ethical manner. The foundation for this working session will be the Chapter Leader Handbook: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_4:_Chapter_Administration
- How to get oversight of chapter incomes and expenditure?
- Compliance: Which general legal standards and regulations should we consider?
- Are local chapter members accountable?
- Who is controlling expenses, how do we ensure adherence to the dual-control-principle?
- What physical assets can a chapter buy? Who is monitoring those assets and where are they kept? How long should they be expected to serve for?
- Should we publish local chapter incomes and expenditure?
- Agreed set of rules for recording information
- Cheat sheet for chapter treasurers
- Clarifying responsibilities and accountabilities
- Set of rules: what should be and what must be recorded? How?
- All outcomes may serve as proposals for discussion with foundation
The target audience for this Working Session is:
- Anyone who is or may be responsible for chapter funds
- Members of foundation dealing with funding and/or financial matters
- Session Agenda and results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1vROwh8vCBGeUpDbEhYT2RfcmM/view?usp=sharing
- OWASP Chapter Handbook: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_4:_Chapter_Administration
- Draft rules for recording information
- Draft cheat sheet for chapter treasurers
- Please add as much information as possible before the sessions
… Add content …
Back to list of all Working Sessions and Tracks
Edit this page here